Dreaming Day Tour With Ngadiku Walk
Daintree Aboriginal Dreaming Day Tour will take you on a journey in heritage, ancient culture and traditions of the Kuku Yalanji people. Travel north of Port Douglas to Cooya Beach.
This fun, exclusive day tour allows you to join an authentic Aboriginal cultural experience. You will learn about plants which are commonly used for bush medicines, traditional fishing and learn hunting techniques in the search for mud crabs, mussels and small fish.
You will experience a traditional smoking ceremony and a guided walk through at Mossman George, Daintree National Park. Immerse yourself in the lush rainforest of the World Heritage-listed Wet Tropics Daintree Rainforest.
To have an epic 3-day Aboriginal cultural adventure, click HERE!
Cultural Walk and Talk
- 0930 – Just north of Port Douglas is beautiful Cooya Beach which is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji people. Join one of the Kubirri Warra brothers Linc or Brandon on their beach, mudflat and mangrove walk. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangrove and inshore reef. They are all connected. You will learn about traditional fishing and gathering techniques to help you find your tucker (food). Your catch may include crabs, mussels and fish. The catch is cooked for everyone to share with a home-made damper on the balcony of the family home.
- 1215 – Travel to Mossman Gorge Centre and feast on a delicious lunch infused with the local flavours and served at the edge of the rainforest. There is also time to explore the gallery, filled with artworks from prominent and emerging local artists of the area.
Step Back In Time
- 1300 – You will be welcomed to Country at Mossman Gorge with a traditional smoking ceremony conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. This ceremony of spiritual cleansing wards off evil spirits and ensures that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honoured by them.
- 1315 – After lunch, you will wander into the lush rainforest of the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park – Mossman Gorge. Experience one of the world’s oldest and most beautiful rainforests with your guide. Walking across boardwalks, tracks and bridges that adorns spectacular waterfalls and mountain ranges. Your guide will explain the rich flora, fauna and diverse ecosystem of this amazing rainforest. We are privileged to be given access to an area of Mossman Gorge that most are not usually allowed to go. Ensure you bring your bathers, so you can make the most of the beautiful private swimming hole that is encased by rainforest.
- 1530 – You will depart Mossman Gorge and head back down the coastal road to Cairns where your tour will finish
- * Please note tour can operate in reverse depending on tide times.
- 2 Hour coastal & mangrove walk
- Traditional gathering, fish, spear throwing & handling
- Catch land and sea bush tucker (food)
- Eat your ‘Catch of the day’ with homemade damper (traditional Australian bread)
- Welcome ceremony
- Guided walk tour through Mossman George
- Swim at our own private watering hole at Mossman George
- Lunch at Mossman George Centre
- Return bus transfers
What to bring
- Insect repellent,
- Towel, swimming clothes
- Bottle of water