The ultimate way to see the Great Barrier Reef is on Cairns liveaboard, Reef Encounter – “Live and sleep on the Reef” Spending 2 days and 1 night – in our Multi Share Cabin aboard Our Luxury Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard “Reef Encounter” and enjoy your Great Barrier Reef Experience. See Australia’s Great Barrier Reef at its best – morning, day and night.
Reef Encounter offers superb liveaboard Scuba Dive experiences for people from the age of 12 years of age and medical fit.
All Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive locations are selected for the optimal conditions depending on the weather and the time of year.
Stay in style on this luxurious liveaboard “Reef Encounter”. Fully air conditioned for maximum comfort. Reef Encounter boasts large lounge, dining, dive and sun deck areas.
All of Multishare cabins sleep 3 Adults (18 years of Age +) are air-conditioned and spacious with en-suites, ocean views and all gourmet meals are freshly prepared by your on-board Chef.
The Best Scuba Dive Equipment
As a certified diver on Reef Encounter, you will be diving with high quality, up to date scuba diving equipment and every certified diver is issued with their own dive computer for the duration of the stay.
With our purpose built dive deck, everything is set up for you ready to go so getting into and out of the water couldn’t be easier!
Got your own gear? Our friendly dive masters will assist you to set up your equipment.
Go on a guided dive with one of our friendly and professional dive team and take all the hassle off navigating yourself!
Our experienced guides will show you the best dive spots, get you back to the boat and ensure you have a fun and comfortable scuba dive
How deep are the dive sites?
As the coral on the Great Barrier Reef needs sunlight to survive and grow, the majority of good dive locations are found in relatively shallow areas.
Our dive sites have an average depth range of 10 – 25 meters (30-80 feet).
Who will I be diving with?
Buddy up with another passenger or take the guided dive option, it’s your choice.
If you’re travelling alone our friendly dive team will ensure you have a buddy to go diving with.
Do I need to do a Refresher Course
If you haven’t been diving for over a year we strongly recommend you book an onboard Refresher Course to update your skills and re-boost your confidence in the water. See ‘Refresher Course’.
Your Scuba Dive Adventure Includes
- 3 share Multi Share Cabin (must be 18 years and over)
- 5 Day Dives and 1 Night Dive
- On-board Chef preparing all meals whilst on board
- Coffee, Tea, Milo, Water and fresh fruit
- Snorkelling and Scuba Diving equipment (except wetsuits)
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Reef Video presentation
- Marine Biologist presentation on Reef Experience
- All Government Reef Tax and Levies
Reef Encounter Facilities
- Air conditioning
- Multi Share Cabin
- Private Bathrooms
- Large Dining Area,
- Bar and Lounge area
- On board heated spa
- On board water desalination Plant
- Hydraulic dive/Snorkel Platform
- Large Sun deck
- Underwater cameras
- Soft drinks,
- snacks etc
- Alcohol available on board – NO BYO
2 Day Certified Diving Itinerary
- 7:30 am Breakfast onboard Reef Experience – Marlin Jetty, Cairns
- 8:00 am Depart Marlin Jetty Marine Biologist Presentation Snorkel briefing
- 10:30 am Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef Transfer to Reef Encounter Snorkel Sun bake and relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Resort Dive, Snorkel, Sun bake and relaxation time
- 3:00 pm Cruise to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location – Resort Dive, Snorkel, Sun bake, and relaxation time Glass bottom boat tour
- 6:00 pm Dinner & Dessert
- 7:30 pm Relaxation time, stargazing, boardgames or a movie
- 6:30 am Resort Dive or Snorkel then Breakfast
- 8:30 am Resort Dive, Snorkel
- 10:30 am Cruise to our next spectacular reef location Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Resort Dive, Snorkeling, Sun baking Relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Snorkel, relax
- 3:00 pm Transfer To Reef Experience – Direct Journey back to Cairns with Complimentary Wine and Cheese, fresh tropical fruits
- 4:30 pm Arrive Cairns