Cooktown 2 Day Explorer
Join this amazing Cooktown 2 Day Explorer. Learn about Cooktown and its History. Your journey begind by taking you across the Daintree River. Travel through the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park on the famous 4wd only Bloomfield Track.
Enjoy stunning views along the coast. With river and creek crossings and the Savannah Plains on the return journey. Cross through the Outback of Far North Queensland.
Cooktown 2 Day explorer will take you on a unique adventure. Experience some of the most amazing scenery and natural beauty in Australia. You will also spend the night in Cooktown.
- You will be collected by our air-conditioned, purpose built 4WD vehicle, and travel north along the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives.
- Your journey will take you across the Daintree River by Cable Ferry through the heart of the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park.
- This spectacular wet tropical rainforest, the oldest continuously growing rainforest in the world, renowned for its amazing diversity of plant and animal life.
- Enjoy the magic of the rainforest as you indulge on tasty homemade scones with jam and cream, and sip on the fresh local Daintree Tea or coffee.
- Your experienced guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories and history as you continue on the 4WD only Bloomfield Track.
- This will take you through some of the most incredible scenery in the country, crossing rivers and climbing mountain ranges.
- Lunch is at the infamous, quirky ‘Lion’s Den Hotel’ which is one of North Queensland’s landmark pubs, built in 1875 made of timber and iron.
- See the unique geological oddity, “Black Mountain” an environment, which is the world’s only habitat for at least three animals. Hear the mystical stories and Aboriginal legends, before arriving in historic Cooktown.
- Once in Cooktown you will then head to your accommodation for the night.
- A free Day to explore Cooktown, visit the James Cook Museum or stroll the self-guided heritage walk along the main street and shores of the Endeavour River.
- You can experience the beauty of the area, which remains much the same as when Captain Cook discovered it in 1770.
- The tour departs Cooktown late afternoon via the inland road travelling through a diverse landscape of North Queensland Outback, cattle stations and the Palmer River Gold mine region rich in history of the gold rush era.
- A meal break (at your own expense) on the return journey before your tour of exploring comes to a close and transferred to your accommodation.
- 4WD air-conditioned vehicle
- Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
- One of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives
- World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park
- Cable Ferry across the Daintree River
- Morning tea
- 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Lunch at Aussie Bush Pub
- Black Mountain
- Grassy Hill spectacular views
- One Night accommodation in Cooktown
- Free time in Cooktown
- Outback of Far North Queensland
- Return bus transfers
What to bring
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, towel, swimming clothes
- bottle of water
- Small overnight bag, no suitcases please
- $20.00 in fuel levy payable on board to the tour operator
- Tours subject to weather conditions. Alternative to Bloomfield track route may be taken – no refund given.